Hey hey hey! Today I’m going to share with you some of my favorite posts to read here on this little site called WordPress. There are so many fabulous sites and fabulous writers here, so naturally one of my new favorite things to do is check out other blogger’s posts while garnering some inspiration for my own posts. Here are some of my favorites to read:
- Book tags: I think these are so fun! I love reading other bloggers’s responses and feel like you can get a lot of insight about a person based on how they answer tricky questions. Some of the coolest tags I’ve seen are the Greek Gods book tag (created by Zuky @ BookBum) and the I Messed Up book tag (created by ReadLikeWildfire).
- Weekly/monthly wrap-ups: I wrote this post in the first few days of July and my WordPress reader was swamped with wrap-ups, but I didn’t mind. There’s something triumphant about a wrap-up post, something that says “look at what I did!” in a non-braggy way of course.
- ARC book reviews: I love book reviews to begin with but I especially enjoy reading reviews of to-be-released books. Even though I don’t need any more books in my towering TBR pile, I love tossing more books into the pile.
- Personal posts: I just love knowing what’s going on in y’all’s lives! These posts are a great reminder that there’s someone on the other side of the computer screen; they make the big, scary Internet feel a little more homey.
- Writing advice posts: One of my primary reasons for starting this little blog of mine was to expand my network and learn from the great writers who wrote before me and who write among me. Seeing all the different ways we writers reach our endgames is fascinating to me and I think we all have something to learn from each other.
So that’s it! What are your favorite types of posts to read? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to check out my Twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads, Wattpad, and Spotify to show some social media love <3
16 thoughts on “Annie’s Favorite Types of Posts”
We personally came to to love discussion posts (we count this post of yours as one too😉)!
Has a bit of personal and interesting parts (e.g. For this post – what you liked etc.) on a certain topic/subject (e.g. For this post – on POSTS)!
Anyways great post 😉👌🏻❤
Thanks so much!
I like writing advice, poetry, and award/tag posts. 🙂 I also like book recommendations.
Those are some good ones too 🙂
I love wrap-ups too, ARC reviews, and it’s always fun learning more about our fellow bloggers 😊
I love reading discussion posts because they get me thinking 🙂 I also love reading other people’s comments on these posts.
I also like reading wrap-up posts because I get to quickly learn about what books people like/didn’t like and add more books to my TBR pile (which is also rapidly growing.) Tags and personal posts are nice to read because I get to know more about other book bloggers.
My initial motivation for starting a blog is also to expand my network and learn from other writers 🙂
Thanks for sharing!
I love reading TBR posts!
I like posts about food and diys
This didn’t come up in my notifications?! But, thank you so much for shouting out to my tag! <3
I’ve never thought of doing a monthly wrap up. It would be good to take a look back and realize what I’ve written. Thanks for the advice.
I think my favorite posts are always reviews, but I also love random book lists like Top 5 Wednesday and Top 10 Tuesday!
I like monthly wrap-ups as well – it’s a great way find new books!
Those are fun as well!
You must log in to post a comment.