Today I’m going to share with you some of my favorite applications on iPhone and Mac that help me write. There are so many options for writing aids these days as far as applications go and these are some of my tried and true favorites:
- WordPress: Duh! I love the mobile app–it’s so easy to navigate and feels pretty much like looking at the desktop version. I prefer reading blog posts on the iPhone app rather than on the computer because the app makes it so easy to use.
- GooglePhotos: What I love about GooglePhotos is how it is to access your photos from any device. I’ve always struggled with uploading pictures from my phone to my computer, but this app makes it so easy. All I have to do is upload the picture in question to the app on my phone and it appears on the GooglePhotos website! It’s lovely.
- GoogleKeep: I just love Google, okay? GoogleKeep is kind of like Notes, but it displays all of your notes like stickies, meaning that you can see all of them at once. You can also access Keep on your desktop, which is so convenient.
- ThriftBooks: I use this app to A) buy books at a ridiculously discounted price or B) check the price of a book to see if the copy in the bookstore is less expensive. Either way, it’s a necessity.
- Goodreads: This is pretty self-explanatory, but what writer doesn’t want social media for her bookshelf?
- Spotify: A girl’s got to have her tunes ready for when the inspiration strikes! I use this app both on my computer and my phone but the web player is okay as well. Spotify has a feature that allows you to download music onto your device, giving you the ability to listen when not connected to WiFi. I have pretty much all my music downloaded onto my computer, but stick to streaming on my phone because I simply don’t have the storage.
What are your favorite writing apps?
Follow Me On // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Goodreads //
30 thoughts on “Apps that Help Annie Write”
Thanks for sharing Annie!!
I will definitely check out Thriftbooks because I love getting things at a bargain price 🙂
I also love the WordPress app. Very easy to use! I use the app for reading posts and writing comments, but I like to use my laptop and the browser to actually write my posts because of the bigger screen.
I also love Spotify. Wondering if I should invest in a membership 🙂
I love to use scrivener for writing (the MacBook app, not sure if there is a phone version). It’s perfect because I can keep all my drafts, research, character profiles, etc in one place while I write 🙂
Thanks!! Spotify is totally worth the membership 🙂
Haha I will keep that in mind 🙂
I agree with Annie – Spotify is totally worth paying for!
So I listened to you guys’s advice and got Spotify premium 🙂 loving it so far
So glad to hear it!!! Happy listening 🙂
I love Google Keep and I very rarely hear other people share that love!
It’s so good! I feel like I find some new feature about it that I love every day 🙂
GoogleKeep is absolutely amazing! I keep notes on potential blog posts in it as well as all my Bookstagram hashtags because no one has time to rewrite them for every photo.
Omg same! I have a sticky note for each type of post…it’s super convenient
Google Docs and Drive all day every day. Seriously, being able to work on my writing on any device no matter where I am is probably the only reason I’m able to get anything done.
It’s amazing! And I love that you can make files available offline, so it almost functions like Word!
Exactly. I’ve gotten so much writing done on planes thanks to that function lol. I’ve never heard of Google Keep before though. Definitely going to have to look into that one.
You so should–it’s such a great tool. I use it to plan my blog posts: I have a “sticky note” for each type of post so when I get an idea, I just type it into my phone.
Sounds great! 👍🏼 Thanks for sharing, Annie! 😊 I love using WordPress on my ipad, too! Definitely convenient and nice for catching up on reading blogs, anywhere. I need to look into more google apps to utilize, google is so handy in every way 👍🏼 Great post! x
Helene | https://angelspartaness.com/
Thanks so much! Google is such a great tool, I hope you like using it!
Google Keep is the best! I’ve never been as comfortable with any other note taking app. Another one that really helps me is Pocket. I use it to save writing prompts I see online etc.
Ooh I’ll need to give Pocket a try. Thanks for the recommendation 🙂
I love Google too, LOL! Thanks for the recommendations!
Isn’t it the best?! What are your favorite Google apps?
For writing, I really like having Google Docs and Google Drive. It’s so nice to have a place where I can open quickly and do so many things 🙂
Isn’t it? I’ve been out of town for the week and I haven’t had any problems with accessing my files offline–so easy to navigate and work 🙂
It’s life saving lol
Hi Annie! Just wanted to let you know that I’ve sent out an email to all the participants of The Scribbler’s Challenge with more details on it. Let me know ASAP if you didn’t receive the email! 🙂
Ok! I’ll check right away. Thanks for the notice 🙂
I love Trello to track all of my writing ideas and to-dos. Best thing for me to stay organized with writing projects!
Ooh I’ve never heard of that one but I’ll be sure to check it out!! Thanks for the recommendation 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.