Hello, y’all! There’s nothing that I love more than watching favorites videos on YouTube (except, you know, writing), so I thought I’d try my hand at it and share some word-related and non word-related products that I’ve been loving this month. I’m currently obsessed with…
- Amazon Echo Dot: I purchased one of these little gadgets for my dorm room, but ended up putting it in my room at home because I’m obsessed! Alexa is like a personal assistant: she plays music, she sets timers and alarms, she plays games, she’s just a good time. For the quality of the Echo Dot, the cost is totally worth it. You can get your own Alexa here.
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro: Will there ever come a day when I don’t rave about this book? Highly unlikely. A Study in Charlotte is a retelling of the classic Sherlock Holmes and John Watson mystery, but focuses on their descendants Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson. I love the dry wit and humor in this book and appreciate how the characters are shown with flaws. I purchased my copy from Book Depository for a great price.
- ShaelinWrites on YouTube: I recently discovered this fabulous YouTube channel run by Shaelin Bishop and am obsessed! Shaelin’s videos are incredibly informative and address issues and ideas in writing with clarity and poignancy. She has fabulous videos for writing, reading, editing, and general inspiration. You can check out Shaelin here.
- Telephone cord hair ties: Y’all know how much I love a good scrunchie, but I was a bit skeptical when I ordered a few of these hair ties off of Instagram. However, these ties put my doubts to rest almost instantly. They stretch like nobody’s business but always come back to their original shape, meaning that they take a lot of weather and wear. For a girl with thick hair like me, they’re perfect. You can get some of your own here (and if you love scrunchies as much as I do, you can get my favorite ones here).
- Lavender essential oil: The smell of lavender knocks me out, so I roll a little bit on my wrists, under my chin, and on my temples before bed if I’m not quite ready to go to bed yet. This stuff is practically a recipe for instant sleep. I use doTerra oil because they have great policies on the purity of their oils. While it’s on the pricier side, the cost is well worth it: you can get the lavender rollerball that I use here.
- John Mayer: This isn’t a new favorite for me, but John Mayer’s soft rock has been my favorite to listen to this past month. I love the tenderness and power in his lyrics–they’re almost like stories in and of themselves. I’m going to see him in concert in a few weeks (which I am super excited about!) so maybe that’s why I’m craving his music.
Are any of my favorites also your favorites? What new stuff should I try this month?
Don’t forget that my 500 followers giveaway is live right now! Head on over to my post in which I freak out about having 500 to learn about the awesome, customized prizes you could win! Head here to enter the giveaway.
Also, I’m running a survey to gather some information about you and your thoughts on Annie Likes Words, which you can access here. Completing the survey and then logging it in Rafflecopter gets you FIVE automatic entries into the giveaway!
Finally, I’ve a Q&A post coming up, so give me some questions in the comments or on my Twitter and I’ll give you some answers!
Okay, that’s all 🙂